Wednesday 19 August 2026 
qodsna.ir qodsna.ir

Hamas: Gaza port massacre deliberate escalation to undermine ceasefire

The Hamas Movement said on Tuesday that the latest massacre committed by the Israeli occupation army against civilians at Gaza City’s port represents a deliberate and bloody escalation, saying it demonstrates the government of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s determination to continue its attacks and undermine the ceasefire agreement.

The Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza said seven Palestinians, including a child, were martyred and 14 others wounded on Tuesday evening when an Israeli drone strike targeted a cafe inside Gaza City’s port.

 

In a statement, Hamas said Netanyahu was seeking through such attacks to undermine efforts to consolidate the ceasefire and move forward with implementation of the agreement.

 

The Movement said the timing of the attack, following recent meetings in Cairo and ongoing mediation efforts, demonstrated Netanyahu’s intention to derail negotiations and undermine regional and international efforts to advance implementation of US President Donald Trump’s plan and the Sharm el-Sheikh agreement.

 

Hamas said targeting civilians constituted a blatant challenge to efforts to halt the escalation and achieve security and stability in the region, while disregarding attempts to consolidate the ceasefire and implement what had been agreed upon.

 

The Movement, meanwhile, reaffirmed its serious and responsible commitment to ensuring the agreement succeeds, saying this was demonstrated during recent meetings with US envoy Jared Kushner and mediators.

 

Hamas called on the US administration, mediators and guarantors to compel the Zionist regime’s government to abide by the agreements, halt its attacks and escalation, and prevent Netanyahu from continuing to obstruct the Sharm el-Sheikh agreement and undermine efforts to complete its implementation.

 

 




Users Comments

Videos

Qods News Agency


©2017 Qods News Agency. All Rights Reserved